No announcement yet.

The Capital Riot on January 6th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the hypocritical whining from the Republicans go back to my adage - Hypocrisy is a sin to Democrats. Disloyalty is a sin to Republicans. The Republicans don't care that they're being hypocritical and it doesn't matter to their base. Consequences should only fall on people against them, not on them.

Comment

• Shinypixe
      Shinypixe commented
      Editing a comment
      It's not really hypocrisy, their goal is to make the other side suffer, there's nothing hypocritical in not wanting the same to happen to them. Justice or Fairness were never the goal.

• feeder
      feeder commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly Skyth. Consistency of message or morals does not matter. All that matters is slavishly following the heirarchy.

Or to put it kinky terms, conservatives are subs who need to follow Daddy/Mommy's orders to feel safe and validated.

• The messages from CPAC about how they are "All Domestic Terrorists" are also reinforcing this moment of panic.

However, it is NOT triggering an "Are we the baddies?" moment.

Comment

• Does anyone ever really have an 'are we the baddies?' moment when they're actively being the baddies? It seems like something that only ever occurs to people quite a bit down the road. Except in the final act of action movies.

Comment

• Something something nothing to hide something something nothing to fear. Right?

Comment

• Mystery at Mar-a-Lago: What were FBI agents looking for and what are the consequences?

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/09/11165...d-trump-search

Monday's FBI raid on the home of former President Donald Trump — including his safe, according to Trump — has raised eyebrows and questions about what the search could indicate about a possible criminal investigation into the former president and those around him.

The raid concerned presidential records that Trump removed from the White House when he left office in January 2021, according to Christina Bobb, an attorney representing Trump.

The FBI search warrant authorized agents to seize "presidential records or any possibly classified material," Bobb said in a Tuesday interview on the Dinesh D'Souza podcast. The search took about 10 hours, she added.

Comment

• In terms of what they might find, absolutely nothing would surprise me at this point. I will say I assume the FBI must be sure they would find something, as this kind of action against a former President would not be taken lightly, and they must have known the political explosion it would cause.

Comment

• Well supposedly they had an inside source who told them what he had and where to find it, and this happened two days after Drumpf’s lawyers told him to stop talking to Mark Meadows.

Comment

• So Garland filed to have the search warrant and list of what the recovered from Mar a lago unsealed. Any bets on if Trump fights it?

Comment

• Per NPR, an armed man tried to get into the FBI building in Cleveland.

I will try to find a link for more info.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Easy E View Post
                    Per NPR, an armed man tried to get into the FBI building in Cleveland.

I will try to find a link for more info.....
                    Headlines I saw said the Well Regulated Militia came in wearing body armor and fired off a nail gun at people before pulling out an AR-15. No one mentioned him firing that one inside, but he then fled and was pursued by police. Nothing I saw mentioned what happened after that.

Comment

• Sorry, Cincinnati..... not Cleveland......

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/11/11169...man-cincinnati

CINCINNATI — An armed man decked out in body armor tried to breach a security screening area at an FBI field office Thursday, then fled and was injured in an exchange of gunfire in an hourslong standoff with law enforcement that persisted into late afternoon, authorities said.

The confrontation that began at the FBI's Cincinnati office came as officials warned of an increase in threats against federal agents in the days following a search of former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida.

Federal officials said the man "attempted to breach" the visitor's screening area at the FBI office and fled when agents confronted him. After fleeing onto Interstate 71, he was spotted by a trooper and fired shots as the trooper pursued him, said Lt. Nathan Dennis, a Ohio State Highway Patrol spokesperson.

The suspect left the interstate north of Cincinnati and abandoned his car on rural roads, where he exchanged gunfire with police. The man has "unknown injuries," but no one else was hurt, the patrol said.

Comment

• The useful idiot has died.

Imagine literally throwing your life away over this shit. "Sad", as some obese criminal grifter might say.

Comment

• Shinypixe
                          Shinypixe commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Twitter has snips of his tweets, man was a full-blown MAGA insurgent.

• He thought a nail gun would get thru bullet proof glass?

Comment

• Originally posted by AduroT View Post
                          He thought a nail gun would get thru bullet proof glass?
                          Not the weirdest thought, nails will have different penetration characteristics to bullets.

As a vaguely related example, arrows have a much easier time penetrating sandbags compared to bullets, to the point an off-the-shelf hunting crossbow will kill someone behind sandbag defenses, but theoretically much more powerful rifle bullets will be stopped.

So thinking a metal dart might work better than a rifle bullet has some merit.

Comment

• Holy ****, well this explains why the FBI went into Mar-a-lago.. we knew it wasn't something they would do lightly

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...cuments-report

I am very afraid to ask the obvious question here about what he was most likely planning to do (or perhaps has already done) with those classified materials, but one would have to assume they would be useful as a fundraiser.

Comment

Working...
                            X