No announcement yet.

The Capital Riot on January 6th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be honest, he’s just as likely to have used them to have a tug to as to have sold them. Anything to help convince his tiny, demented mind he’s still President really.

Comment

• I largely suspect it was just a souvenir. Trump supposedly had a massive boner for nuclear weapons, and wanted to rebuild the US's nuclear arsenal to it's cold war peak - that was what prompted Rex Tillerson to call him a 'fucking moron'...

Edit - oh, that's all mentioned further down the article... Doh!

Comment

• Hah! The Freedumb Caucus canceled their planned news conference this morning to talk about the FBI search.

Comment

• Pacific
          Pacific commented
          Editing a comment
          I found it incredible that Fox News are still trying to pedal this as a Democrat-motivated political move, I saw one presenter say that if the nuclear codes aren't on the papers then it's not a problem(?!) Those apparently wouldn't be as they would have been changed when Biden took office, but there is still an absolute wealth of information relating to nuclear strategy and capability that would have Russia and China's eyes going out on stalks, not to mention if it got into the hands of any other bad actors with terrorist tendancies. I think this has the potential to be the biggest 'nuclear incident' since the Cuban missile crisis.

• I'm sure there is a strong possibility you are right Mad Doc Grotsnik and Crispy78 but I am not sure the FBI will see it that way, simply because it is not a risk they can afford to take. And especially as it is still an open question how compromised Trump actually was during his presidency, by Putin at the very least.

Not entirely far-fetched scenario: Payments made by the Chinese via some back-channel/off-shore account (how much would that kind of thing be worth?), Trump's 2024 campaign suddenly gets a big spending surge from an 'undisclosed donor'

Comment

• Absolutely not arguing that it was harmless or OK - just I imagine fuckwit Trump wanted the stuff and didn't give a shit about the laws involved, so swiped it. I hope they clobber him for it,

Comment

• Oh, wait, don’t worry everyone. Turns out it was all just another hoax.

Comment

• You know, I’ll never understand how anyone can look at the likes of Trump and Johnson and think “yep, those treacherous, lying, self centred possibly sociopathic horrific human beings are exactly who should be running the show”.

Trump especially because we’ve all see his pathetic, truly childish tantrums when he doesn’t get what he wants.

Comment

• People see themselves in them and it normalizes their worst impulses, what's not to love voting for?

Comment

• Disciple of Fate
                  Disciple of Fate commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is you as a person. Hundreds of thousands of people vote on the FvD (that has now splintered into two equally crazy parts), who are like the opposite of striving to be better. I think the NL lacks vision and politicians willing to make hard choices, its all muddying forwards towards the next election and being forced to do something when crashing into obstacles.

Sadly Bernie would work in Europe, but not in a country where most people can be generously described as center-right+.

• Pacific
                  Pacific commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think there is possibly an element of that for some people, but also that he was seen as a 'non-elite' (hilariously), or at least a break from the Washington Elite and career politicians who had seen to have failed the people.

• BranDawri
                  BranDawri commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah that's true. Although I will say that even the FvD has (or had) a few ideas I think might be worthwhile to try, their absolutely batshit conspiracy nonsense and outright fascist fantasies otherwise are a no-brainer dealbreaker for me.
                  Agree about the state of Dutch politics and politicians though.

• Trump gives the warrant to Fox, Wall Street Journal, and Breitbart. Breitbart publishes it without redacting the agents’ names. Also, It shows Trump is being investigated for violating the Espionage Act.

Comment

• Pacific
                  Pacific commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I cannot imagine what the hostility towards him must be like within those apolitical organisations, it probably wasn't very cosy before and now he is actually putting service-peoples lives at risk. I tell you something, if all the 'deep state' and conspiracy theory/X-files type nonsense was actually real, Trump would be having a suspicious car crash or fall down a flight of stairs very soon!

• ... and apparently Trump is okay with everyone knowing he is potentially a foreign spy......

I guess after the Mueller Report he all ready feels he is ahead of the story on that one.

Comment

• He is kind of right though, the people who supported him again in 2020 will rationalize away anything, his future 5th Avenue victim probably 'deserved it'.

Comment

• One thing is for sure, if absolutely anyone else had done what he has done (or even close to it), they would not be seeing the outside of jail cell again.

Comment

• Lovely that the secret service was part of the coup, Bidens' dog was right it seems when he bit SS agents.

Comment

• "I ask him, at this moment, is the Republican party in Arizona lost?

“Yeah,” he said. “They’ve invented a new way. It’s a party that doesn’t have any thought. It’s all emotional, it’s all revenge. It’s all anger. That’s all it is.”

He held the thumb and digit finger of his right hand so close together that they were almost touching. “The veneer of civilization is this thin,” he said. “It still exists – I haven’t been hanged yet. But holy moly, this is just crazy. The place has lost its mind.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...na-republicans

Yep, we noticed.

Comment

• Yeah, the republicans are getting rid of the last few dissidents in their party. This does not bode well.

Comment

Working...
                          X