Clear All

• Shakespeare law?

Comment

• Did I stutter?

Comment

• Shareware law?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Doc Grotsnik View Post
          .... bar service is back, which feels odd.

Still got my mask which I wear when ordering, because it’s polite.
          I hate bar service, the Europeans do it right. Queuing in British pubs sucks balls.

Comment

• feeder
            feeder commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed. the main reason I'm drinking at a pub with friends and not at home with friends is having someone to fetch the drinks without it ever being my turn

• Originally posted by feeder View Post
          Shareware law?
          Right! I’ll do you for that!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Doc Grotsnik View Post

Right! I’ll do you for that!
            Shyamalan, M. Night law?

Comment

• It looks like France is taking a firm stance on anti-vaccers. From August you won't be able to attend a restaurant/bar/cafe/museum/cinema or use public transport without either proof of vaccination or a negative test (at EUR49 each time).

Macron has basically said he's sick of wasting his and his families lives in lockdowns because of anti-vaxers, so whilst everything is opening up they can stay at home.

If only we had any kind of leadership in the UK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herzlos2 View Post
                It looks like France is taking a firm stance on anti-vaccers. From August you won't be able to attend a restaurant/bar/cafe/museum/cinema or use public transport without either proof of vaccination or a negative test (at EUR49 each time).

Macron has basically said he's sick of wasting his and his families lives in lockdowns because of anti-vaxers, so whilst everything is opening up they can stay at home.

I would absolutely love that here as well, not that it would matter too much however as it’s already been possible to buy fake cards online for awhile now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herzlos2 View Post
                  It looks like France is taking a firm stance on anti-vaccers. From August you won't be able to attend a restaurant/bar/cafe/museum/cinema or use public transport without either proof of vaccination or a negative test (at EUR49 each time).

That is simplifying the issue quite drastically and has and will lead to rather unethical behaviour in the long run...

Is it understandable, yes. Should you force it? Probably not , neither should you not consider it as a meassure, especially for care-services.

As an aside, vac centers in shops etc, have over here helped to get even to the normally sceptical population in some of the most sceptical regions, that is imo a better solution than bluntforcing something that can be questioned upon the basis of human rights..

Comment

• Originally posted by R_Squared View Post

I hate bar service, the Europeans do it right. Queuing in British pubs sucks balls.
                    Don't tell me we have gone back to bar ordering??

Fuck me.. I've travelled to probably about 30-40 different countries around the world - Europe, Asia, Americas, Africa. I have *never* found another country that does not offer table service and makes you stand like a lemon at a bar. And we have gone back to that... :D

That was one of the things I was hoping to change for good.

Comment

• On Bar Service, at least my local has removed all the stools at the bar.]

Nothing winds me up quite like Fucking Barnacles, sitting at the bar all night, making it bloody difficult to get served, nursing their sad pints of pissy lager, and talking inanely at the staff. Even on a weekday it’s bad enough. But at the weekend they can get squarely to fuck. Up to a dozen people trying to get served, and they can’t because 5 people have spread their shite across the bar, and make it hard for the bar staff to tell who’s in need of replenishment, and who is just an old Scrote taking up space despite their being tables aplenty.

And don’t get me started on the bellend that lean back to the bar, their manky legs sticking out into the area where people are trying to walk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Online View Post

That is simplifying the issue quite drastically and has and will lead to rather unethical behaviour in the long run...

Is it understandable, yes. Should you force it? Probably not , neither should you not consider it as a meassure, especially for care-services.

As an aside, vac centers in shops etc, have over here helped to get even to the normally sceptical population in some of the most sceptical regions, that is imo a better solution than bluntforcing something that can be questioned upon the basis of human rights..
                        I'm not sure it's that unethical, given that it's a public safety issue. There are already plenty of places that won't allow children to attend school without vaccinations, and the scientific proof that the vaccine works is indisputable.

If we can't get people to vaccinate to save their own lives or wear a mask, should we really hold all of society back or just those who don't want to help things?
                        What's the slippery slope here? That the precedent will be set for banning access to stuff based on some kind of criteria? Because that's already covered by "the management reserve the right to refuse service for any reason".

I don't think it applies to healthcare or essentials like supermarkets; plague carriers can still do that stuff, they just don't have access to leisure venues.

What's the alternative? Keep in a lockdown indefinitely?

Comment

• Haighus
                          Haighus commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The chief issue is that it often doesn't save their own lives, but will instead help save the lives of others.

A lot of the people ignoring vaccines and guidance are fairly low risk of personal death from COVID.

• Herzlos2
                          Herzlos2 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Though the vast bulk of people catching and dying of covid-19 now are the unvaccinated. As high as 99.4% in some places.

It's saving other peoples lives, too.

• Haighus
                          Haighus commented
                          Editing a comment
                          True, but the deaths only represent a small number of those unvaccinated. Most of the unvaccinated are young folks who are low risk of dying, but plenty able to spread it to their immunocompromised relatives/friends.

In addition, sadly, a lot of those dying will be people who couldn't get vaccinated, by reason of being immunocompromised or similar.

• Originally posted by AduroT View Post
                        I would absolutely love that here as well, not that it would matter too much however as it’s already been possible to buy fake cards online for awhile now.
                        Fake exception cards have been a thing since the beginning as well but I'm not sure how prolific they are. I hope it's rare enough that we don't need to make vaccine passports secure in the way that regular ones are - here you have an app/website which shows your vaccine status.

Though I think faking up documents to get round vaccine laws should have serious legal consequences, because it's fraud and public endangerment.

Comment

• Mad Doc Grotsnik
                          Mad Doc Grotsnik commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If they’re going to do that, they’ll need to be as secure as Driving Licenses and Passports in terms of anti-fake technology.

• Herzlos2
                          Herzlos2 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm not sure if that level of expense is needed, having a one-time QR code generated by an App should be sufficient. There's a small risk that someone would share NHS accounts but it'll be trivial to catch people using their QR codes in different places at the same time. It could even potentially give some vague description of the person to catch a young man using an old womans account and so on.

Then all the door staff need is a QR reader that logs them in. It can even double as a track and trace.

• Looks like there is a growing movement with the Republican extremists to have Fauci charged with crimes...

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyth View Post
                          Looks like there is a growing movement with the Republican extremists to have Fauci charged with crimes...
                          ... growing circle jerk among idiot fantasists is more accurate, I think.

Comment

Working...
                          X