Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the following post, by the owner of the site, an acceptable one? ANONYMOUS VERSION

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the following post, by the owner of the site, an acceptable one? ANONYMOUS VERSION

IT'S THE SAME POST AS THIS ONE, EXCEPT THIS TIME IT'S ANONYMOUS

Poll proposed by Great Big Tree, I don't take or accept ownership of anything in the rest of this message.
    For the source, see:
    https://www.etcforums.com/forum/next...2423#post22423

Is this type of personal attack on a poster acceptable behaviour, that anyone on the site should be able to post as well?

"His argument is mask=authoritarian=bad. In another thread he argues that a similar clothing mandate is good, freedom to be lgbt=bad. He hasn’t yet demonstrated that totalitarianism is bad, nor that it is his real concern. Considering his descriptions of people who follow laws to protect others, science as a religion, etc., are all thinly veiled personal attacks against anyone who sees the world differently from himself, and seeing his absolute refusal to address sources and logical arguments, my argument seems like something that may possibly get through to his particular type of reasoning. And if not, calling a bad faith shitposter on his own hypocrisy at least helps keep things in perspective."
    COVID prevention measure - Forums (etcforums.com)
    Yes
    72.00%
    No
    12.00%
    I don't care
    12.00%
    Female Space Marines
    4.00%

So, to remind everyone of what GBT promised, when this poll concludes next Saturday, the 10th:

Originally posted by GreatBigTree View Post
    If the majority of (anonymous) voters approve of the post, I’ll request a banning. Hell, I’ll put my user name and password out for everyone to have... if the vote shows that the majority of voters approve.

Comment

• Herzlos2
      Herzlos2 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure if I can handle another 5 days of his ego. I might just need to avoid this section until he's "gone" or at least shuts up about it.

Can we make a forum rule that people announcing their departure are just removed? It's just spam at this point.

I’d be happy if he considered the matter settled, left the moderating to the moderators, and made an effort not to dominate threads for community feedback.

I’m not exactly operating at my best and I’m kind of dreading reading back through the threads to find all the relevant stuff.

Comment

Well, GBT was right to ask for an anonymous poll, I didn't expect to have such a difference between the two polls. I mean, the answer is the same in both case but I'm surprised that two people voted "No" in the anonymous poll, but wouldn't vote "No" in the public vote poll. Genuinely didn't expect that to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by OgorOrukOomanDuardin View Post
        Well, GBT was right to ask for an anonymous poll, I didn't expect to have such a difference between the two polls. I mean, the answer is the same in both case but I'm surprised that two people voted "No" in the anonymous poll, but wouldn't vote "No" in the public vote poll. Genuinely didn't expect that to happen.
        The only difference is no "female space marines" voters and one swap from "I don't care" to "No." If you remove the pointless "joke" option, they're very close really.

Comment

There are 3 votes of "No" here and just 1 vote of "No" there. There is also one more "Yes" vote here.
          Funnily, there is the same number of voters in both threads at the moment.
          Funny that people will chose the silly joke option when the vote is public but not when it's anonymous. I'd have expected the opposite.

Comment

Ok. Time to call this one a day, too.

Comment

Working...
            X