No announcement yet.

The Bride of the Glorious Cornucopia of Heavy Metal Reanimated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panopticon has a new album out. It is a one man project best described as blackened American folk. It's something special, I highly recommend you check this out.

Comment

• nfe
      nfe commented
      Editing a comment
      I've had this on a lot the last month. Really great record. New WITTR soon, too.

• feeder
      feeder commented
      Editing a comment
      It's black metal, but it manages to be uplifting. Incredible

Crushingly heavy doom a with disgusting vocal. And the song Eternal March is dedicated to Nurgle, so that's fun.

Comment

Some new Swedish death metal with a suitably Lovecraftian cover. Brutal.

Comment

Superb high energy classic heavy metal revival from the UK. Horns up!

Comment

Originally posted by feeder View Post
          Superb high energy classic heavy metal revival from the UK. Horns up!

Amusingly, a few years ago these guys got panned in the press because Richard Burgon, a Labour MP, did a guest spot with them and journalists went on a hunt for issues and settled on them using Nazi imagery by which they meant they'd mocked up the cover of Sabbath's 'We Sold our Souls...' with the stylised S.

Using any imagery so close to the SS bolts is a dumb choice, to be fair.

Comment

• feeder
            feeder commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow. Imagine if that MP had sat down with Slayer instead

Popped into my feed today, can't remember if I got this from the old forum, or DD or just came across it on random

She does Robert Plants vocals justice.

This also came up, I do like a bit of FNM nice little joke at the end too.

Some quality guest appearance in there.

Comment

• feeder
            feeder commented
            Editing a comment
            Love me some FNM. That cover is great

New Iron Maiden album coming in September!

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Doc Grotsnik View Post
            New Iron Maiden album coming in September!
            Indeed! The lead single is classic Maiden all the way and has a killer 'Heavy Metal' style Mad Max meets 40k animated video to go with it. Worth a watch.

Comment

Brand new song from Rivers of Nihil, the band that owned 2018 with it's death metal saxophone

Comment

Joey Jordison, mega-talented drummer and co-founding member Slipknot has passed away. 46 is no age to die, but I guess burn twice as bright and all that

Comment

Something a tiny bit different. Beautiful ethereal vocals over huge droning riffs. Doom metal Enya

Comment

Legendary Norwegian metallers Enslaved are back with a new EP in October. This one is a spacey, blackened prog metal adventure. Gorgeous video, too, well worth the time spent.

Comment

Joey Jordison, mega-talented drummer and co-founding member Slipknot has passed away. 46 is no age to die, but I guess burn twice as bright and all that
                      Mega-talented is a good way to put it. He was an outstanding drummer and percussionist and I was very sad to hear the news of his death.

Comment

Legendary Norwegian metallers Enslaved are back with a new EP in October. This one is a spacey, blackened prog metal adventure. Gorgeous video, too, well worth the time spent.

Five releases in 18 months! Getting prolific in their old age. I don't think they're ever getting back to the Isa-Ruun-Vertebrae glory days but they're consistently great.

Comment

Did you know you need to hear Mayhem cover the Ramones? Yes, yes you do.

Comment

Working...
                          X