No announcement yet.

The Bride of the Glorious Cornucopia of Heavy Metal Reanimated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rivers of Nihil are back, following up their 2018 death metal smash Where Owls Know My Name with The Work. I've been waiting for this album basically since Owls dropped and it is worth the wait. Well executed prog death is my absolute jam and this one is where it's at.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Doc Grotsnik View Post
      Seeing these guys in November.

As above I thought the new record is ok. Needs a few more listens. Glad they're making waves, though. They're with my buddy's management company so it's good to see them doing well.

Comment

Huge droning riffs and epic, soaring songs. Post stoner core? Idk, but I like it. From Belgium.

Comment

New LLNN record is a fantastic war on ears.

Comment

• feeder
            feeder commented
            Editing a comment
            I thought that was shorthand like FNM or GnR, but no. LLNN is the actual name of the band. Is it pronounced like it is spelled? It must be shouted? :D

Local boyos and best tech death band in the world Archspire have put out a new song off their upcoming album and it is absolutely SICK, in all senses of the word. It jaw-dropping just how fast and precise and just brutally heavy, yet still melodious this band is. 10/10 would perform mad scientist experiments on this band again.

Comment

• feeder
            feeder commented
            Editing a comment
            Here's the Behind the Scenes if you want to know how they blew up the heads, etc.

New Full of Hell album is an absolute banger.

Comment

• feeder
            feeder commented
            Editing a comment
            Jeebus that is a discordant, dense, uncomfortable listen. It's like the band hates the concept of sound.

Ministry has a new album out. It's more of the tried and true Ministry sound that Al perfected with Psalm 69 in the 90s. Nothing groundbreaking, but a decent enough offering for the fans.

Comment

At first you think this is just some more bog-standard stoner metal, but then you keep listening and realise it's so much more; it's proggy, grungey, space-jammy, high quality stuff. From Germany.

Comment

Bit of a scandal in UK metal around Vicky Hungerford, who runs Bloodstock (having inherited it from her dad) once again making transphobic statements on social media. Said she'd bin any email that had pronouns in the signature (apropos of nothing, just stuck it on twitter and instagram out the blue).

Their head of entertainment resigned, then their Twitch team walked out, then she made a non-apology, then gave a PR-agent's apology.

The head of the Sophie Lancaster Foundation, a charity named for a girl murdered for being a metal fan and whose work is centred on persecution for being different, and who the Bloodstock second stage is named after, said they were considering removing their name and affiliation, and then Vicky subsequently 'stepped back' from Bloodstock. Absolute car crash of a day.

About time she got some flak, really. She's been getting away with this nonsense for years. As well as getting away with putting actual nazis on the Sophie Lancaster stage, booking Emperor with Faust etc, all whilst preaching about being an inclusive event.

Life of Agony are playing next year. I presume a bunch of metal journos are trying to get a statement from Caputo.

Comment

• feeder
                feeder commented
                Editing a comment
                Big yikes on Vicky there. I wonder if she thinks she is a brave hero. I'm a massive fan of Mina's music, LoA and otherwise. I bet she'd rather just play the gig and move on.

Not Heavy Metal, but the latest Pearl Jam album from last year (Gigaton) is a real grower, think the best album they have put out in a while.

On a sidenote there needs to be some kind of civic service or government agency to protect Eddie Vedder, as he is literally one of the last front-men still standing from the 90s grunge/Seattle-Sound era. Was listening to a playlist the other day that had Nirvana, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Mother Love Bone, Alice in Chains, and just thought to myself sheeesshh!

Comment

Maybe the best doom band in the world? Crushingly, oppressively heavy, but with just a touch of psychedelica for taste. Put this in your pipe and ride the waves of riffs.

Comment

Originally posted by feeder View Post
                  Maybe the best doom band in the world?
                  That would be Reverend Bizarre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwEU..._U1cn9pTh7Nfx-
                  Last edited by Mikosan; 10-21-2021, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikosan View Post
                    RB were great, but they've split up. I think they were always chasing Electric Wizard for that best in genre anyway. So Long Suckers might have been my album of the year in 2007 if Witchcult Today hadn't blown everything out the water a few months later. Crush the Insects has just had a nice vinyl rerelease, if anyone buys LPs.

Obviously the best North American doom band is Pallbearer, though!

Comment

Both Rev Biz and Pallbearer are great bands, but neither of them hit quite as hard as Yob for me. Maybe it's a rainforest thing.

I saw these stoner/doom guys at my local dirty little punk/metal pub a few years ago and was blown away by how hard they rocked out for the 20 drunks that bothered to show up. From Japan.

Comment

Something a little different for this Friday afternoon. A solo record from Brother Bill, of the Church of the Cosmic Skull. Sounds a bit like if CCR was a metal band. Good vibes.

Comment

Working...
                      X