No announcement yet.

The Bride of the Glorious Cornucopia of Heavy Metal Reanimated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hevy Devy live at Bloodstock this year. Devin Townsend is one of Canada's brightest exports

Comment

Legendary Greek blasphemers Rotting Christ have a new album. It's an epic death metal delight.

Comment

• feeder
        feeder commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually this album is from 2019. My bad.

Something Twisted for the season.

Comment

Brand new song from Author & Punisher. More melodic than his earlier work, but still retaining that huge, huge, huge crushing drone sound we know and love from A&P. Like Type O Negative and Godflesh had a baby and raised it on Depeche Mode.

Comment

Don't think I posted about the new Voices record, Breaking the Trauma Bond. Really great effort from friends of mine in London. Black metal with lots of bleak soundtrack influences.

Comment

It's that time of year when everyone is desperate to know my top ten albums of the year that sound like sandpaper.

1. Full of Hell - Garden of Burning Apparitions
            2. Wolves in the Throne Room - Primordial Arcana
            3. LLNN - Unmaker
            4. Panopticon - ...And Again Into The Light
            5. Pupil Slicer - Mirrors
            6. Voices - Breaking the Trauma Bond
            7. Converge/Chelsea Wolfe - Blood Moon
            8. Amenra - De Doorn
            9. Møl - Diorama
            10. Green Lung - Black Harvest

Comment

• feeder
              feeder commented
              Editing a comment
              Panopticon and Green Lung are in my top ten this year, too. Nice list. You do enjoy discordance that is set to a beat ;)

Top 2021 Albums (Metal Only)
            1. Green Lung - Black Harvest (UK) (doom, stoner)
            2. Archspire - Bleed the Future (Canada) (technical death)
            3. Can Bardd - Devoured by the Oak (Switzerland) (black, folk)
            4. Panopticon - ...And Again Into the Light (US) (black, American folk)
            5. Kal-El - Dark Majesty (Norway) (doom, stoner)

The rest are all really good, they are all "top ten but not top five". Not ranked in any order:
            Carcass - Torn Arteries (UK) (melodic death)
            Gojira - Fortitude (France) (progressive)
            Spectral Wound - A Diabolic Thirst (Canada) (black)
            Rivers of Nihil - The Work (US) (progressive, death)
            Dream Troll - Realm of the Tormenter (UK) (speed, power)

This year was a really good year, lots of big names making good albums and many more new or underground acts doing the same. Honestly there are another ten or more albums that could have all made this list. These are the ones that got the most play from me. Bring on 2022!

Comment

The Spectral Wound album is a real cracker, too. I got a bit bored of Gojira a while back but will need to get round to the new one all the same, just in case. Kinda like Mastodon.

Comment

• feeder
                feeder commented
                Editing a comment
                Honestly Gojira got points from me as it is one of the few bridges between this lame "boomer" dad and his annoyingly woke surly teenage son (he likes Gojira more than I do)

Question for metal-heads!
              Have been trying to find a half-decent recording of the Chris Cornell tribute concert, it would have been a few years ago now.

Most of the stuff I have found is very short, fan-made recordings of a few songs. Does anyone know if there is an official video, or anything that was more professionally done, on Youtube or elsewhere?

I fear that there may not have been one, which would have been a dreadful shame.

Comment

• feeder
                feeder commented
                Editing a comment
                It's wild, maybe they didn't professionally record it? That seems crazy. I found bupkis in terms of a full professional concert video, however. Maybe they didn't want to "tarnish" the event by monetizing it?

• Comment

• feeder
                feeder commented
                Editing a comment
                Merry Christmas! This was awesome

• Comment

• One of the all time best ensembles, live at the Fillmore in Detroit back in 2015.

Comment

• 36 years since Phil passed. One of the all-time greats, and always the go-to answer for "best Irish band?"

Comment

• nfe
                    nfe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Altar of Plagues and Primordial are livid.

Lizzy are obviously champs, though.

• Epic new song off the brand new album from American prog metallers Wilderun. One week in the year and we already have an AotY contender! Outstanding stuff. In classic prog fashion, this 14 minute beast takes you on a fantastic journey far away and back again.

Comment

• Does punk and hardcore belong in a metal thread?

Comment

Working...
                    X