No announcement yet.

The Bride of the Glorious Cornucopia of Heavy Metal Reanimated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spacey, jamtastic instrumental postmetal. Perfect for pairing with that mini painting you've been putting off ;)

Comment

• Mid 90s era Ozzy music, with an ESL Dio on vocals 10/10. Hope you like dairy!

Comment

• Not been in this thread yet, but I got tickets to the Pinkpop festival this year - here's hoping covid doesn't kill it (again).
        Then the week after there's an Iron Maiden concert that I have a legacy ticket for (ie, I had a ticket to the 2020 show that got cancelled twice now due to covid).

So yeah. It's gonna a be a classic metal/hardrock summer for me; aside from the Maiden concert, Pinkpop's lineup this year includes Metallica, Pearl Jam, Nightwish, Queens of the Stone Age, and Crowded House. Looking forward to it!

Comment

• feeder
          feeder commented
          Editing a comment
          Pinkpop, nice! That festival is on my fantasy concerts list. Metallica are always a great band. If Josh is "on", QotSA are incredible, too. I saw them in a little club in my hometown right before Rated R dropped and it was literally a riot. What a show.

• BranDawri
          BranDawri commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I've been there before way way back when I was still a teen way back in the 90s. It's a great festival. Great atmosphere, and generally good line-ups as well.
          A friend of mine broke up with his girlfriend, and so had a ticket left over.
          Then I heard the line-up this year, and I've been on a Nightwish kick lately. Combined with the other names, that was an easy no-brainer.

• I didn't know Crowded House were still a thing!

Comment

• BranDawri
          BranDawri commented
          Editing a comment
          Neither did I.

• When a band puts a magic mushroom on their album cover, you know exactly what kind of music you're going to get: huge fuzzy riffs and long, drawn out spacey jams. Jhufus, from Spain, is a fine example. Pass the bong, maaaaan.

Comment

• Still better than any nu-metal tripe.

Comment

• New Skunk Anansie single!

Comment

• feeder
              feeder commented
              Editing a comment
              I remember when Skunk Anansie first hit the scene in the mid 90s and the press was pushing them pretty hard. For whatever reason, they didn't blow up. They weren't what I was looking for at the time, but I'll have to give them another go.

• Mad Doc Grotsnik
              Mad Doc Grotsnik commented
              Editing a comment
              Skunk Anansie kick multiples shades of arse! I’ve seen them live, and Skin’s voice is absolutely for real. No trickery, just skill and talent.

• I mean. Seriously. Skunk Anansie.

Heavy. Poignant. Strong.

You can tell these are lived lyrics. Not some trite protest song. But something Skin has experienced. And all the more truthful for it.

Comment

• What’s that? More Skunk Anansie you say?

well. Since you’ve all been ever so good. But this is in place of sweeties, yeah?

Comment

• New Krallice and Celeste are great.

Comment

• I've been sitting on this one for a while as I really wanted to dig into it. Simply put: it's absolutely brilliant. It's mostly a trad sludgey doom record, with flashes of black and grunge. This is an AotY. From Bellingham, Northwest US.

Comment

• 2022 marks 40 years as a band for weirdo prog thrash pioneers Voivod. Brand new album out today! 2018's The Wake was an absolute banger, this one is shaping up to follow suit.

Comment

• Not gotten to Voivod yet. New Napalm Death is decent enough. Couple weak covers on it but the original stuff is all solid enough modern ND. Enjoyed new Zeal and Ardor a lot. A reissue vinyl of Converge's You Fail Me also showed up which I assume I ordered forever ago and forgot about!

Went to see Knocked Loose and Terror on Thursday, mostly because a Napalm Death and Doom show the same night got cancelled. Not a huge KL fan on record but they were very good live. It does get a bit samey, though.

Comment

• feeder
                        feeder commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Voivod has a long career and something like 15 albums, so a deep dive can be a daunting task. The debut, War and Pain, is raw and unpolished, just 4 teens really, from a tiny town in northern Quebec doing their best to make metal like their idols. Absolutely check out the Killing Technology, Dimension Hatross, Nothingface run of albums, that's their Ride/Master/Justice trilogy and it is seminal prog thrash. Angel Rat is a new direction, much more rock n roll than the previous work. If you like that you can follow the chain of albums through the late 90s - early 2000s with a different singer. If Angel Rat isn't for you I suggest skipping ahead to 2003's S/T, when Snake is back on vocals. Honestly the real 'must listen' album from this run is 2018's The Wake, an absolutely stellar prog metal masterpiece.

• nfe
                        nfe commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oh I just meant the new one. I'm very familiar with the back catalogue.

• feeder
                        feeder commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oh, oops! Carry on then!

• Stick this in your ear pipes. Probably the ‘ardest song you’ll ever hear ever. It’s not exactly bombastic. There’s a certain level of bravado. But it’s about being a hero.

And we can all be heroes.

http://[URL][url]https://www.youtube...[/url]

Comment

• feeder
                        feeder commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That link is busted

• Indian metallers Bloodywood are hotting up right now, with their debut Rakshak dropping a few days ago. It's a great take on the classic New Wave of American Heavy Metal sound (think Slipknot, Machine Head, etc) with that infectious as fuck bhangra folk music mixed in. Plus they make no bones about their woke, people-first politics, which I love. Crushing!

Comment

Working...
                      X