No announcement yet.

The Bride of the Glorious Cornucopia of Heavy Metal Reanimated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death metal darlings Blood Incantation has a new album out that is an entirely ambient record. Bold move for their first release since signing to major label Century Media.

Comment

• Originally posted by feeder View Post
      Death metal darlings Blood Incantation has a new album out that is an entirely ambient record. Bold move for their first release since signing to major label Century Media.
      I full expected it to be another stack of bollocks you usually get when a metal band gets high and listens to Vangelis but it's actually fucking great. A shift like Ulver's Perdition City.

I assume the deal with Century basically wrote this in so long as there's another record in short order absolutely full of riffs.

Comment

• Current Mood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfIfzVf8t6E

Comment

• Not really a heavy metal band, but they did win the inaugural Heavy Metal Grammy, and their influence looms large over the genre. Thick As a Brick is fifty years old today.

Comment

• Brand new song off the upcoming Rammstein album. Excellent song with a cool video, but don't watch it at work as in typical Rammstein fashion they've made some ridiculous visual choices. (Anyone up for some graphic reverse birth scenes?) Still, a superb song that showcases the band's undeniable talent.

Comment

• Outstanding new black metal from the US. Superb, meaty production really elevates this band above the herd. The artist behind this one man project is touted as a Native American, but don't expect to hear any traditional FN music influence on this track. Absolutely ripping beast of a song though, 6 and a half minutes of blistering brutality with a short melodic but still crushing passage to give your neck a rest. 10/10, I'm very excited to hear what the full Black Braid album will sound like

Comment

• Vocal production on that is great.

In a similar vein, I hadn't listened to the new Wiegedood album much but have had it in a lot since I went to see them on Sunday and it's a winner.

https://youtu.be/upWSeOFAby0&#91

I can never get the imbed tags to work...

Comment

• feeder
                  feeder commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Put [ video ]yourlinkhere[ /video ] tags around the link, but without any spaces inside the brackets

• nfe
                  nfe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah I tried that but it didn't work. I guess I mangled the actual link. Try again...

No. I give up!

• Germany's elder statesman of heavy metal makes maybe his final album? It's a moody, retrospective slate of covers. Here he is with a stirring take on early 90s synth pop darlings Wolfsheim

Last edited by feeder; 03-20-2022, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• Brand new Meshuggah album out today! The extreme prog metal gods are back

Comment

• New song from Hamburg's Mantar. They bill themselves as a sludge band, and they are, but I also hear a lot of post-metal influence on this track. Riffalicious as heck, as all good metal should be.

Comment

• Originally posted by feeder View Post
                      Brand new Meshuggah album out today! The extreme prog metal gods are back

I felt this was a really bland listen. That said, I'm totally an surface-level Bleed, New Millennium Cyanide Christ, and Straws Pulled at Random type of Meshuggah listener.

The Absent in Body record that came out the same day, though. Oaft.

Comment

• feeder
                        feeder commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Meshuggah occupies the same space as Slayer for me. I respect the hell out of them for being the best and most dominate archetype of their specific sub genre, but really only need to listen to their two or three best albums as the other ones are just less good versions of that.

• These 'lockdown covers' are very much a hit and (more than likely) miss affair. This hardcore/crossover cover of The Pixies "Where Is My Mind" is an absolute bullseye though

Comment

• Spanish thrash revival kings Crisix are back with another excellent slab of tight, groovy throwback metal. Check out this 10/10 video for Macarena Mosh. Humour can headbang

Comment

• British prog metal geniuses Haken sneak a lead single off their upcoming album. The whole band is chock a block with talent and Ross has incredible songbird pipes.

Comment

• This is actually really good. Makes me want to play Megaman again

Comment

Working...
                            X