Editing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing!

This came up in another thread, but I'm thinking the need to publish stories online really quickly is leading to a crisis in editing / proofreading... for example:

Click image for larger version

Name:	D8684F61-420F-47D9-BD63-D31DE4777325.jpeg
Views:	82
Size:	405.3 KB
ID:	20732

Now that I'm looking for it I'm seeing it everywhere lol. Not sure what's worse, including the mistakes or stealth editing them without noting they've done so...

I am currently reviewing an academic book that made it to press with Boğazköy (the site of Hattusa, the Hittite capital) spelled five different ways with multiple appearances each. Serious editorial work doesn't fit in many publishers' budgets, online or in print.

Comment

Editors are usually the first to go when a publishing company gets downsized. I doubt most articles in even larger papers/websites have a professional editor go over them nowadays, due to the cost and amount of work involved. The really weird thing is that some mistakes (like words stuck together) should be picked up by even the most basic of correction software, yet there they are.

Comment

This one is just too egregious >.<

Name:	CA48F4ED-B7F2-4DF1-A2D8-170F9D2114AF.jpeg
Views:	50
Size:	542.0 KB
ID:	21317

Comment

Quite a few people get belligerent after drinking too much, so I can get on board with ending gin violence. Oddly specific about the drink though.

Comment

• feeder
            feeder commented
            Editing a comment
            I thought it was whiskey that foments rebellion?

Finally someone is clamping down on those Victorian prostitutes' brawls.

Comment

• Too Hot To Trot
            Too Hot To Trot commented
            Editing a comment
            This is just an effort by the landlords to gentrify Gin Lane and price the local people out of their home.

I feel like I've jinxed myself into encountering these everywhere now ;)

Name:	image_243.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	21447

Comment

Working...
          X