No announcement yet.

GB News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my way home on the train. Coming up to Doncaster, we pass the water treatment plant.

One of the jobby holding tanks is literally overflowing.

And it’s still less full of shit than GB News. And given I actually witnessed the overflow, it had more viewers too.

Comment

Originally posted by Too Hot To Trot View Post
      Nothing gets "freeze peach" advocates and "facts don't care about your feelings" people anywhere near as rabid as people saying things they don't like to hear and which hurt their feelings.
      Somewhat ironic coming from the people who bring you 'words are literally violence' also, 'silence is violence' but actual violence isn't violence...

Comment

• nfe
        nfe commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks a lot like you are suggesting THTT is one such person. Please demonstrate that or be more careful.

Originally posted by Queen_annes_revenge View Post

Somewhat ironic coming from the people who bring you 'words are literally violence' also, 'silence is violence' but actual violence isn't violence...
      Yes, saying words can mean things, and also not saying words can mean things. I get it, you're trying a pithy tit-for-tat gotcha but it doesn't really stand more than 5 seconds of consideration.

Also, no one is saying violence isn't violence. Some people are justifying violence, but that's not really the same, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_annes_revenge View Post

What violence are you talking about that isn't violence?

Whats that got to do with highlighting the hypocrisy of a right wing media outlet.

Comment

Nigel Farage is now hosting some shows on GB news, either in desperate attempt to get viewers or to latch onto the drama of it shutting down. Who knows?

Comment

He's a ratings winner. I think they've left it a bit late into injury time to wheel out their supersub that won't meet expectations, though. All a bit Jack Grealish.

Comment

• R_Squared
              R_Squared commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice.........

In his letter Harri writes: “You took me off air for backing the England football team making a simple public statement against racism while arguing that GB News is about celebrating the best of Britain, defending free speech, having the debates others won’t have and combatting the cancel culture. You are intelligent enough to see what an absurd parody of that your station has become.”
            Link HERE

Unfortunately for GB News, broadcast media must make an effort to balance opinion. Their audience doesn't want balanced debate, never have, they want red meat culture war nonsense and for their beliefs to be reflected back at them and to own the libs of course.

Comment

GB news is apparently less biased than the BBC, according to a survey carried out by... GB news.

Only about 64k viewers for Farages slot too, so I can't see what else they can do to keep going.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/ne...-finds-287973/

Comment

It's the Nigel Farage show now, Andrew Neil is finished.

Comment

He does seem to have gambled and lost his own career on an expensive vanity project. I think he is going to watch his own ship sink form the safety of his French home (like a true Brexiteer) and claim it's fall had nothing to do with him, and after a reasonable break try and get his old job at the BBC back, or maybe just write opinion pieces for right-wing newspapers.

Comment

Apparently Farage has fucked off “on holiday” as well….

Comment

No-one wants to look like they were the captain of a sinking ship as it finally disappears below the waves.

If anyone wants to start a TV station there's going to be some equipment and technicians on the market soon, and a spare 'slot' on the channels.

Comment

• RedChimera
                        RedChimera commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I say "finally".... but it was plummeting to the sea floor the moment it broke the surface tension.

Well, he has left. "Stepped down" apparently. I say "ran away screaming".

Comment

• Haighus
                        Haighus commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Farage or Neil?

Yep, just read that....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58464664

Clearly his "over stuffed " portfolio didn't extend to supporting Nigel Farage's new promotional channel.

Comment

Originally posted by GB News (no, really)
                        A statement from GB News said: "Andrew is without doubt one of the finest journalists and interviewers in this country.
                        Hence he wasn’t in the end welcome, because whilst right wing he’s not a fruitloop crank willing to lie about anything for the money.

Comment

Working...
                        X