New member welcome thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Haighus View Post

I am unclear if that is the name of the festival, or if you are merely cursing the other offerings.
    Or both!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadwinter View Post
      I'm a farmer now.
      When my last department was offshored, one of the dudes I worked with is giving that a go (he's also doing beekeeping at the same time). How are you liking it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ouze View Post

When my last department was offshored, one of the dudes I worked with is giving that a go (he's also doing beekeeping at the same time). How are you liking it?
        I was being a little misleading because I use it to poke fun at my real farmer friends and their family. I work in a medical cannabis greenhouse and so far it's not bad but I would like to be evacuated from the facility due to them spraying carcinogenic pesticides and not telling anybody a lot less.

Place smells lovely though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadwinter View Post

I was being a little misleading because I use it to poke fun at my real farmer friends and their family. I work in a medical cannabis greenhouse and so far it's not bad but I would like to be evacuated from the facility due to them spraying carcinogenic pesticides and not telling anybody a lot less.

Place smells lovely though.
          I thought that you often seemed quite relaxed/chilled Dreadwinter! 😁 ;)

Comment

I am not in IT!!!!!

I am an executive at a Contact Center for a major international retailer, certified LEAN 6Sigma Black Belt, small business owner, and game designer. I am married with a teen child. I also own a small farmstead of goats, gardens and chickens for fun.

Besides wargaming, I naturally like to read a lot of history and am relatively engaged in politics. I live in a rural, heavily Republican, and Trumpian area of the US.

Comment

I'm DoF/Disciple from the Netherlands. I used to be involved more in wargaming but GW kind of burned me out at the end of the Kirby 40K/End Times era, no real crowd for other games here. Moved more into boardgames as a consequence. Still read a lot and play video games.

Personally have/had a background in history and international relations. When the time came at university to leave or continue in a more professional sense, the Japanese company I was working at part time was quick to offer me a job full time. The choice between a potential career in that field and a basically guaranteed career, with better hours and pay, was not too complicated. While this job isn't as interesting (fun seems the wrong word), it is incredibly diverse and challenging with a large degree of freedom, so I do enjoy the path chosen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouze View Post

Yes but not in a professional capacity - I also work in IT. I just think they're neat!
                Sorry I missed the reply to this !

Me too :) Definitely a favourite hobby of mine. Do you ever get to go to any air displays in the US?

I try to get to the Fairford Tattoo (which is probably the biggest one in the UK) although sadly its been cancelled the past few years.

I did want to see a Tomcat flying so much that have honestly looked into a holiday to Iran(!) as they have an annual display on there with Tomcats, old Tigers and all other kinds of stuff - Had I been from somewhere other than the UK it might have been a bit easier as have read a few reports of Scandanavians, Irish etc. travelling there without issue. Maybe if things cool down a little bit one day!

Comment

Working...
                X