This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads up to the mods and users

A link to ETC has been shared in the dakka thread about dakkas failure to tackle the issue of users using fascist playbook tactics to lock threads such as the one about the Spanish tournament which didn't eject the neo-nazi.

So we might potentially be getting some new people who we might want to watch carefully in case they try to use the same tactics here.

Thread is here in case anyone wants to give it a gander: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforu...st/802192.page
    Last edited by Too Hot To Trot; 11-30-2021, 02:19 AM.

I'm kinda surprised Formosa, goldenhorde, and so on aren't here already. Maybe because they know they'd be banned? IDK.

Comment

Oh, goodie...

Comment

I don't think the end result of getting banned is what stops them, getting banned is like a badge of honor to show that the snowflakes can't handle a real opinion in their safe space. I think what stops them is that they get shut down within 3-4 posts, which sucks the fun out of trolling and then getting banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfblade View Post
          I'm kinda surprised Formosa, goldenhorde, and so on aren't here already. Maybe because they know they'd be banned? IDK.
          They have a much bigger audience for their bullshit there is my feeling

Comment

• Wolfblade
            Wolfblade commented
            Editing a comment
            Probably also because dakka would never ban anyone unless a mod takes a disliking to them.

• Bunnies
            Bunnies commented
            Editing a comment
            They move slowly, could be argued too slowly, but the vast majority of bans are leveled at one side. For example there are a couple of the worst users from the first thread you can't see in this one. Did they ding everyone you and I think deserves it? No. But they did clip some, and some progress is better than none. Unfortunately, the overly soft touch does allow people like Golden horde to just go off on tangents and ruin threads, again and again, without any consequence because he's (apparently) staying just this side of polite (fuck knows how he's 'just this side of polite' though)

Originally posted by Disciple of Fate View Post
          I don't think the end result of getting banned is what stops them, getting banned is like a badge of honor to show that the snowflakes can't handle a real opinion in their safe space. I think what stops them is that they get shut down within 3-4 posts, which sucks the fun out of trolling and then getting banned.
          It’s true. There’s no way this forum would allow someone to argue for pages and pages that expelling people openly advocating nazi ideals would be bad.

Comment

• Disciple of Fate
            Disciple of Fate commented
            Editing a comment
            To be fair, the apologists on Dakka went a lot further than that.

Looking through that thread was thoroughly depressing.

Comment

• Wolfblade
            Wolfblade commented
            Editing a comment
            It really was.

Thank you for the heads up Too Hot To Trot.

Comment

Wow, Golden Horde sure is something else.

Comment

I'll never stop laughing at the one poster who doesn't know what a tankie is.

Comment

• feeder
                feeder commented
                Editing a comment
                It's an Imperial Guard fanboy, right? Super into Leman Russes and the like

• Tannhauser42
                Tannhauser42 commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't quite know what it is, either. I no longer Google various political slang terms, anymore. I don't want them in my search history, and I don't want Google thinking I believe in them.

• Lord0fHats
                Lord0fHats commented
                Editing a comment
                feeder, Tankie is honestly a pretty obscure one in my experience. It hasn't been part of political discourse in decades.

Tannhauser42, Tankie is a pejorative term invented by communists to demean other communists. Basically, it refers to someone who supports authoritarian communism and was used by anti-Stalinists or Trotskyists who espoused other forms of communism. I'm actually curious where they even picked up the term. I'm not aware of it being used much outside the internet as a tongue-in-cheek gag or as a pejorative for people who think Stalin did nothing wrong. I almost never see it outside of communist boards (and this one very funny fanfic I read >.>).
                Last edited by Lord0fHats; 12-04-2021, 01:55 AM.

Originally posted by Wolfblade View Post
              Banned for whaf, exactly?.
              Upsetting authoritarian types?

I mean speaking about current day forced labour camps really really pissed people off didn't it?
              Last edited by GoldenHorde; 12-05-2021, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Because when your reaction to "could you please not be a cunt?" is "I will not have my speech mandated!" people will fairly rapidly catch on to your persecution complex and direct you to go rant somewhere else. It's not about Chinese labour camps, it's about the gigantic chip on your shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by AlmightyWalrus View Post
                  Because when your reaction to "could you please not be a cunt?" is "I will not have my speech mandated!" people will fairly rapidly catch on to your persecution complex and direct you to go rant somewhere else. It's not about Chinese labour camps, it's about the gigantic chip on your shoulder.
                  Oh right, I said something you disagreed with. Gotta ban for that

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenHorde View Post

Oh right, I said something you disagreed with. Gotta ban for that
                    Case in point. Your behaviour is not conductive to a fruitful discussion. Creating a strawman to paint yourself as a victim when that's exactly what I accused you of habitually doing in the first place is an interesting strategy though, I'll grant you that.

If I called for people to be banned simply because they said something I disagree with I'd be calling for everyone else to be banned. The crux of the matter is not in the disagreement but in the nature of the disagreement.

An explicit refusal to follow the rules is probably the most slam-dunk case for a ban I can think of, it's kinda the point of the rules existing. Discussing them is fine, arguing for a change in rules that one thinks is unfair is fine, but you can't exactly be surprised if you get banned while refusing to follow the rules. We already had Zardoz! trying that shtick, didn't work out so well for them.
                    Last edited by AlmightyWalrus; 12-05-2021, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenHorde View Post

Banned for whaf, exactly?.
                      Upsetting authoritarian types?

I mean speaking about current day forced labour camps really really pissed people off didn't it?
                      For being a frothing neo-nazi shitbag. Oh sorry, you probably prefer "freethinking fascist apologist."

Comment

Working...
                      X