Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the plan to deal with banned users making dozens of new account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guests can see, but can't post, but the issue isn't with guests, it was with goldenchode making spam accounts because we wouldn't all jump on his bandwagon of "commies bad, therefore fascists not bad," and to a lesser extent, Zardoz.

Comment

Originally posted by newtfarming View Post
      To celebrate Christmas (Happy Christmas everyone by the way), I have changed the registration process to require Admin/Mod approval for all new users. This should stop for good any rapid spam attacks from stupid little cretins setting up multiple new accounts in rapid succession.
      That is a very good idea! One comment - the latest newest user has an inappropriate username, not sure if they were manually approved or if they slipped in just before?

And Merry Christmas to you and yours, too :)

Comment

Originally posted by RiTides View Post
        That is a very good idea! One comment - the latest newest user has an inappropriate username, not sure if they were manually approved or if they slipped in just before?

And Merry Christmas to you and yours, too :)
        They Are already banned.

Comment

That's good, although they still show up on the landing page (which is the only reason I knew about them). I don't know if it's possible to edit a username after the fact, but it's a shame to give a crank username that much visibility.

Alternative solution: I make a sockpuppet to knock it off its perch lol ;)

Comment

I'm not the target of the temper tantrum, so it's easy for me to take the high road. But that username just makes me feel bad for the angry triggered little snowflake that got banned. I'm sure they thought it was hilarious, and if we were a group of junior high school kids sitting around having a banter, it might be. But we aren't. Sad.

Comment

We can change the name on those accounts.

Lemme take a stab.

EDIT: that account is banned anyways, so it's probably not a good idea to start changing names at this point. The mod/admin granting access after signups should mitigate sockpuppet accounts.

Comment

I deleted that account anyway as the next on the list is pretty inoffensive and disallowed a couple of new sock attempts whilst there.

Comment

• RiTides
                  RiTides commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Huzzah! Thanks newt :)

Well, now I want to know who y'all are talking about. I missed it. :(

Comment

• feeder
                  feeder commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It was a username that slighted one of the mod's parenting ability. Ironically, very juvenile.

• Tannhauser42
                  Tannhauser42 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey now, let's try to be a little openminded here, Golden could have just decided to publicly come out as a furry. :P

• RiTides
                  RiTides commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Feeder, yeah that's the one I saw - thanks to newt for nixing it from the landing page! The current one is pretty innocuous ;)

Well, disappinting to see that the fears which led me to make my "Heads up" post were founded, right down to who it would be (though I did not mention them by name at the time).

It's almost like you can see who is a cunt from what they post.

Comment

Damn, I missed all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadwinter View Post
                    Damn, I missed all of this.
                    Honestly, you didn't miss much.

Comment

Working...
                    X